I was nominated for the Blogger Recognition award by the lovely Tasha at The Bookie Monsters. I’ve taken a very long time to get my response together, so I’m sorry, but I really do appreciate getting these awards. It’s always lovely to be recognised, and to know that there are people out there who are actually reading! 🙂
Write a post to show off your award: Give a brief story of how your blog got started, and give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers.
Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to: Do some digging! You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you.
Comment on each blog: Let them know that they’ve been nominated. Provide a link to the award post you created!
Provide a link to the original Edge of Night post: That way people can find the original guidelines.
I guess I got started because I love books, but not many people around me really share my love to the same extent. I wanted somewhere to rant about books I loved, and book I didn’t love so much, and I wanted to meet other book lovers. I’ve always enjoyed both writing and reading, so it was the natural step to combine the two here.
I don’t think I’m any sort of expert, but here it goes…
- Be sociable! There is an incredible community of bloggers out there, but they won’t necessarily find you unless you put yourself out there. This could be just commenting on and following other blogs, taking part in tags and awards and blog memes. It’s not just about gaining exposure for your blog though; it’s about meeting lots of lovely likeminded people.
- Be yourself. Write about what you want to write, in your own style. I often worry that my book reviews feel a bit dry – maybe I should be doing more lists, more gifs etc. I don’t want to seem like I’m taking myself overly seriously because I really don’t, that’s just my writing style. But if you don’t write about what you want to write about, in the way you enjoy writing, your blog is much less likely to flow and it’s much more likely you’ll lose interest. I found that people like my style as I gained followers and received awards like this one – so go with your heart!
- Hayley @ Rather Too Fond Of Books
- Ayunda @ Tea and Paperbacks
- Laura @ FUOnlyKnew
- Yvo @ It’s All About Books
- Chrissi @ Chrissireads
- Soundha @ Of Stacks and Cups
- Ashely @ Dreaming Through Literature
- Ashley & Veronica @ City Girl Scapes
- Aentee @ Read At Midnight
- Kat @ The Musings Of A Writer
- James @ Book Guy Reviews
Okay so I didn’t quite make 15, but if you see this post and feel like sharing your blogging know-how with the world, please feel free to take part in the award! 🙂 Likewise, if I’ve nominated you and you don’t take part in awards then apologies!